Saturday, September 3, 2011

2nd Session at Bay 101

Played this afternoon for 3 hours and lost $40.  Played ok, never really had any good situations or very man bad situations.  Just a boring session with no major hands played.

The table overall was very tight for a live table.  I may have arrived too early in the morning (~10:30 am), but the table I was seated at had a bunch of nitty middle aged guys.  Weird that middle aged guys were as nitty as they were (typically these are the money guys since they tend to work 9-5 and are just in the game to gamble and get away, but apparently not the ones in my game).  In fact, the table was so tight overall that I don't think anyone at the table could have been a long term winner with that table lineup, meaning I think that the money would mostly just move back and forth and everyone would lose out to the rake.

Without rake, I think I could have beaten the lineup, but with the $5 per hand that sees a flop at the Bay, there's really no way to be a good lag unless you are deep stacked or playing in a 2-3-5 game.  So my game, even at tight tables like the above, is limited to playing tightly so as not to lose out to the rake as much.  With a percentage rake schedule allowed in most other states, I would loosen up considerably at a table like this and take advantage of people folding too much, but that is simply not a good option here, in my opinion.

Anyway, I'm planning on heading back over tomorrow around noon and hope for a better table.

No comments: