Tuesday, December 29, 2009

2010 Goals

I'm going to post my 2010 goals now, and my 2009 results in a few days, though I will say that 2009 was somewhat disappointing.

Goals for 2010:

1) Structure my daily routine.

- I will job-search for 60 minutes per day.
- I will play poker for at least 16 table-hours per day.

I will perform each of these tasks at least 6 days of every week. Every day that I do not finish either one of these tasks, I will do 300 situps and 300 pushups the following day, in addition to completing the above tasks.

I figure that with the above structure there will be 3 potential outcomes, all of which are very positive:

A) I will find a job and begin my engineering career.
B) I will get very good at poker.
C) I will get ripped.

Personally I would prefer the options in the order they are listed, but I don't think any of them are particularly bad options.


2) 400k hands of 6-max cash.

I'd like my winrate to be >3.5BB/100, but as I move up this may be unrealistic. I'd just like to play as well as I can, be profitable, and continuously get better.


3) Play the Sunday Million at least twice (or equivalent tournament, as I would gladly substitute a $215 SCOOP or WCOOP event for the Sunday Million).

I think this is definately doable, as I'll likely be able to play with fpps given my volume goal. I will also need to play the occasional smaller tournament just so I'm still in touch with my tournament game when the time comes to play said event, since 6-max cash is clearly very different than full ring tournament play.


4) Achieve and maintain, at a minimum, silverstar status.

I'd like to do this for a few reasons; the first being that I'll get an FPP bonus, and the second because Stars is giving some pretty sweet cash bonuses for VPP milestones, even for small-stakes or lower volume grinders.



I think that just about sums up my poker goals for 2010. I kept it a bit shorter this year, but it will be a lot more work than I'm letting on. For instance, for the 400k hands, I'll need to average better than 33k per month, and the best I've ever managed in a month is 12k. Worse, my second best is <7k. It will be a much longer grind than I'm used to, but I think I'm up to it.

Obviously if I find a job it could detract from goals 1 and 2, but I'd like to maintain a sufficient volume on nights and weekends to keep pace for 3 and 4 at least.

No comments: