Monday, September 15, 2008

Stuff

I haven't yet played a hand of poker in the month of September. My last session was on August 27th. I've had a lot more homework than I expected, the result of my Native American history class. We have three book reports and a research project to write for that class, in addition to whatever other assignments the professor decides to cook up.

The result of this homework is that my weekends have been devoted to homework, to the tune of 5 hours a day, leaving no time for poker. A somewhat surprising corollary is that I haven't missed it too much, at least not as much as I thought. Though I guess I should have known, the last 6 months or so I've looked at putting in time at the tables as more of a chore than a fun, money-making hobby. So meh, I may make this an extended break until the end of the month, but I may get back into it when I start to get a handle on the homework.

In other sad news, my grandmother passed away at the beginning of the month. She had been morbidly overweight for a number of years and had health problems as a result, so this was not totally unexpected. Nonetheless, it still hits you when hear the news. My dad flew back to take care of everything that was left over, and he seems to be taking it alright, but I can only imagine how hard it would be to lose your mother.

All in all, a fairly crappy month; hopefully things start to get better soon.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

sorry im not adding anything positive into the crap of life. sorry honey!! I wish i had a job and could be more productive. hopefully things get better soon! I love you so much!