Monday, September 1, 2008

August Rap-Up and September Goals

In August I failed to hit my volume goals. This is fairly typical of me, because not only am I lazy, but I have a hard time doing more than two tabling. I have a hard time more than two tabling for two reasons. The first is that I suck at multitasking. The second is that it's hard to put much more than 4 tables up on my laptop screen and even harder to run 2 tables with pokertracker etc in the background. Just not enough juice in the computer.

Thankfully, the second part of the above is now remedied. My very awesome girlfriend just got me a brand new MacPro (not that she really has the money, but because I bought her an engagement ring). Anyway, the computer is spectacular and I couldn't be happier with it. I just have to wait about a week to get 64-bit windows in the mail, as they only put 32-bit in the box. Then you have to go to the vista website and order 64-bit with your product key that you got in the box, and they send 64-bit for an additional $10 for shipping.

Anyway, here's how August ended up for me:

MTT's:
Goal: 30 MTT's, no profit goal.
Result: 11 MTT's, at 391% ROI, profit of $207.

As you can see, I ran very well in tournaments for August. I still play way too tight in the mid-stages of tournaments, and it's something I need to remedy.

Cash:
Goal: 1k Hands, no profit goal.
Result: 800 Hands, at ~(-4BB/100), profit of -$15.75.

As well as I ran in tournaments, I ran almost equally bad in cash. I played poorly on a few occasions, but there were several days were I was playing very solid and just not catching well/getting paid. Oh well, not a big deal.

September goals will be as follows. Since school has started up this past week, I'm cutting back on the MTT goals, since I couldn't hit it even when it was summer vacation still.

MTT's:
Goal: 10 MTT's. No profit goal.

I'd say that I'd like to run at ~100% ROI, but thats very unreasonable given that I'll only be playing 10 tournaments as a goal. The amount of variance in such a small number of tournaments means that any ROI I have at the end will mean almost nothing anyway, so setting a goal is pointless.

Cash: 1k Hands, (+7BB/100)

Though 1k Hands is also a very insignificant sample size, this goal is more reasonable. Because of my school time constraints, I should have shorter opportunities to play that lend themselves more to cash games than tournaments. The only problem will be actually playing rather than just blowing it off and doing something else.

So that's that, thanks for reading, and thanks again to my wonderful fiancee, Courtney! You are the best, honey!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

You got the computer cause I love you and you deserve it for putting up with me. : )
I love you super lots!!!
but my ring is really pretty. You are the Best!