Saturday, July 14, 2012

A Winning Day

Today's Results: $85 in 2.75 hours

Ran ok to start the day this time, had QQ once in my BB with a straddle by UTG, took down the pot preflop with a raise over 3 limpers.  Had AA an orbit later, but it folded to me in the SB.  Had QQ again about two orbits after that; open UTG to $10, get 3-bet by an older guy (everyone at the table was 40+ except me) who is on the button to $30.  I call with ~$105 behind, flop is KJTr and I check/fold to his pot-sized flop bet.  He seemed pretty aggro in general and had a massive stack the entire time I was at the table, but that was the only 3-bet he made all day, so I figured to be drawing slim.

Blind down to around $85, pick up black fives in MP.  Limps around and I limp behind, we see the flop 9-ways in a limped pot (lol, family pots).  Flop comes Tc9c5d, checks to me, I bet $10 (should have been 15 or 20 on a fairly coordinated flop 9 ways), get 3 callers.  Turn is 8h, not the best in the world for me as QJ just got there, but I lead for $35 anyway with around $40 behind and everyone folds and I win the pot.

Two orbits later I pick up black AA on the button.  3 limps to me, I open to $16, one caller who seems pretty fishy, though I hear from some other players that he typically plays $2-$5 NL and is one of the "bull-shitters" of that game.  Flop comes T93r, he checks, I bet $25, he calls.  Turn comes T putting up two clubs, he bets $100, enough to put me in, I insta-call.  He has JJ, river is Ah, and I'm finally up semi-substantially for the first time this summer.

Play for around another hour with nothing too significant happening and winning very few pots.

Summer Profit Total: ($149)
Current Bankroll: $351
Total Time Played: 9.25 hours
Hourly Win Rate: ($16.11)

No comments: