Wednesday, April 11, 2012

My NM Summer Plan

I will be returning to New Mexico for the summer this year before returning to California to finish my Masters' degree in the fall.  In addition to working, hanging out with friends, and everything else I plan on doing, I am also planning on trying to get back into the live grind.  The rake in NM is lower than here in CA, and I think that suits my style a bit better, especially since I will be playing on a short bankroll.  Below is an outline of my plan to get back into the game.

Starting Bankroll:  $500.

This is a predetermined amount that has been agreed upon as an acceptable amount to be willing to lose.

I plan on using a 5 Buy-In rule, with the exception that my buy-in never be less than $100, and applying that rule only in $100 increments of my bankroll.  The breakdown is as follows:

BR <  $600  -  Buy-In for $100.
$600 < BR < $700 - Buy-In for $120.
$700 < BR < $800 - Buy-In for $140.
$800 < BR < $900 - Buy-In for $160.
$900 < BR < $1000 - Buy-In for $180.
And once my bankroll exceeds $1000, I will buy in for the maximum, $200 at $1/$2 NL.
I won't plan on moving up at all during the summer months, I just don't think I'll have the time to generate the bankroll required (I'd want >$5k to move to $1/$3).

I'm hoping to play at least 10 hours a week for the summer, but that might be ambitious.  I will post an update for every session I play.  I plan on having my first session in the middle of May, something like the 20th sounds about right.

If things go well, and I return to CA with a roll of >$1500 or so, I would like to try to use some of it to play once in a while at one of the rooms in San Jose.  But let's not get ahead of ourselves.

No comments: