Saturday, September 26, 2009

This is lol bad

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

MP ($25)
Hero (CO) ($25.25)
Button ($12.70)
SB ($24.15)
BB ($51.40)
UTG ($25)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K, K
UTG bets $1, 1 fold, Hero raises to $3.50, 3 folds, UTG calls $2.50

Flop: ($7.35) 2, 2, A (2 players)
UTG checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($7.35) 5 (2 players)
UTG bets $3.80, Hero calls $3.80

River: ($14.95) J (2 players)
UTG bets $7.60, Hero calls $7.60

Total pot: $30.15 | Rake: $1.45

Results:
UTG had A, K (two pair, Aces and twos).
Hero mucked K, K (two pair, Kings and twos).
Outcome: UTG won $28.70

Meh, flop line is standard. Turn call is close, but for some reason I thought I had some implied odds. I obviously don't, because if a fourth heart comes out villain is shutting down unless he has Qh or a boat. There is some chance he's betting worse to fold out my fairly obvious TT+, so I don't completely hate the turn call even with small implied odds.

The river call, on the other hand, is lol bad. Villain is not betting again to try to get me off of TT+ like ever in this spot, I don't think. I somehow convinced myself he was bluffing, though that is clearly an unlikely possibility. I knew before I called that I shouldn't, and I did it anyway. That puts me at the same level as a standard donk. Good players make good decisions. I make good decisions usually, but I tilt too easily and make bad decisions when I have a hand that is extremely good preflop but is clearly not good post-flop.

No comments: