Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Summatime

School is finally over for the semester. The time has come to start grinding poker. I have never been very dedicated to volume, but I think if I want this to start being a significant side income I need to put in a ton of hands over the summer.

As far as my progress on New Years Goals, I think it's safe to say I'm falling short at the moment.

Goal 1) 200 or more tournaments at a $5 or higher average buyin and with a 90% ROI or better.

Progress: 114 tournaments played, average buyin of $3.93, ROI of just 10.12%.

Good volume, thanks mostly to January, but a low average buyin and a low ROI. At least it is profit.


Goal 2) 40,000 hands of 6-max cash at 9BB/100.

Progress: This started out really well, I was up two buyins in under 250 hands. This was followed by a 3.5 buying drop, at which point I essentially stopped playing, due to both sucking and school. At the current rate of play, I'll need about 20 years to get to 40,000 hands. Here's to hoping it doesn't take quite that long.
Hands played: 959
Amount won: $2.15
BB/100: +1.12

That's all for now. I might be posting a bit more often now that I don't have the added joy of homework for three months. We'll see how it goes.

No comments: